How to Install WAMP for WordPress on local host – Part 2
– Go to your WAMP folder.
– Open wamp folder.
– open the “www” folder.
– Make a new folder inside the “www” folder and name whatever you want. Most likely your new client or “new_client_folder”
– Close the folder
– At the bottom right of your screen in the taskbar, right click on WAMP icon
– Click refresh.
– Now, Left click on WAMP again, and in the flyout menu, look for Apache and click on it.
– To the side you’ll see the httpd.conf file, click on that.
– Look for Document Root “C:/wamp/www/”
– After www/ enter the name of your client folder so it now looks like this “C:/wamp/www/new_client_folder”
– Look for Directory and change the root file name the same way, so it too will read “”C:/wamp/www/new_client_folder””.
– Click on file and Save.
– Close the folder.
– Left click on WAMP icon in the lower right service tray
– Click on restart all services.
Now you have established which folder will be your local host.