How to Install WAMP for WordPress on local host – Part 3
– Open a notepad editor. (I highly recommend Notepad++)
– Change the language to HTML.
– Create a test page.
– Save file as index.html in the client folder (if you are continuing from Step 2, this folder is located in C:/wamp/www/new_client_folder).
– Close the folder.
– Left click on WAMP and restart all services.
– Left click on WAMP and click on the localhost tab.
– It will then open your default browser and you will see your test page.
Now you know that your httpd.config file has been set up correctly and you can begin to install WordPress on your localhost