Here’s today’s On Track Quick Tip. In three minutes, or less, we give you something to think about for your small business online.
If you’re like most entrepreneurs, you get to the end of the day and you realize you’ve spent all your time managing your business and there’s no time left to manage social media. So what do you do? Hire a marketing firm or give up on social media?
We suggest a third idea.Should you hire a marketing firm or give up on social media? I suggest a third idea.Click To Tweet
Make it a group effort. Recruit your staff, your family, and volunteers to all work together and manage your social properties for you. Hey, it’s a party, and all the best people are invited.
Of course, there are a few things you need to consider before you decide who to hire, and how to work together to do what you can’t do by yourself.
You must identify and define your brand voice.You must identify and define your brand voice.Click To Tweet
So what does that mean?
Set some guidelines and boundaries. Here are some thoughts to get you started.
- Everyone needs to understand what is, and what is not, allowed on the page.
- What are the goals of your social media page (promotions, coupons, answer questions, or be social)?
- How will you use the 80 / 20 rule? The rule says post 80% of others’ content to every 20% of your content, and I don’t necessarily agree with this concept.
- How much personal content will you sprinkle into your business posts? Even though this is business, let your customers know a little about you, the person.
- Look at your stream like a composition or magazine layout.
On Google+ for example there are 5 basic types of posts:
⇒ Link to a Blog post
⇒ Text only
Mix it up. Don’t post the same way to your social channels every time.Mix it up. Don’t post the same way to your social channels every time.Click To Tweet
This On Track Quick Tip can help your team pull together to create a more consistent brand voice. We know it works, because we use this approach for managing our own brand voice with a multi person team here at On Track Tips | Wiser Sites. Keep your channels focused, so visitors can quickly determine whether or not you and your business fit their needs and interests.
What do you think?
If your business needs help developing your Social Media or Content Marketing Strategy, e get in touch with us using the form below to request a free marketing consultation. Our Team of Social Media Marketing Specialists will help you develop a strategy to suit your business needs and budget.